Curls & Nods - SGN Rooftop Session // TIW#6
Curls & Nods is the freshest new-age instrumental hip-hop duo producing right now. Their pure and punchy sound travels between old school hip-hop and jazz. Using common tools for remixing, both artists showcase their amazing improvising skills.
For this project, beatmaker "Curly Hair" Baronski and head-nodding piano player derkalavier met on one of Saigon's outdoor rooftops in Vietnam. They got inspired by the city's pulsating energy accepting an intentionally limited production style. The only gear in use was a single MPK Mini Mk1 for both musicians!
Mastered with heart for vinyl.
- Limited edition of 200 w/ riso print cover
- Generic white sleeves w/ hand stamped white labels
- One round Trust in Wax-sticker is included while supplies last!
Get it on vinyl:
good to know:
Very special THX to:
- Le Nguyet Minh // ... for that lovely intro of track #2
- Jan-Erik Franck // ... for the powerful shout-out on track #3
- Shuai // ... for giving derkalavier the oportunity to go to China and Vietnam (aka on top of that roof)
- Jakob Maser // Design we trust!
- Orlando Treichel (Amp On) // Mastering
- FTI e.V. // ... for makin’ this happen!